cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: CAn't bootstrap a new node to my cluster
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2012 09:47:36 GMT
Modify this line the log4j-server.properties. It will normally be located in /etc/cassandra

https://github.com/apache/cassandra/blob/trunk/conf/log4j-server.properties#L21

Change INFO to DEBUG

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 12/03/2012, at 10:12 PM, Cyril Scetbon wrote:

> On 3/12/12 9:50 AM, aaron morton wrote:
>>
>> It may be the case that the joining node does not have enough information. But there
is a default 30 second delay while the node waits for the ring information to stabilise.

>> What version are you using ?
> 1.0.7
>>
>> Next time you add a new node can you try it with logging set the DEBUG. If you get
the error please add it to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA with the relevant
logs.
> where do I have to add it ? I added it to the cassandra-env.sh and got a lot of things
but are you saying that I must add it to the join command ? if yes, how ?

> after the join command fails as you saw I have the ring information after that. I don't
if it took 30 seconds or not ...