More precisely,

Lets say we have a CF with the following spec.

create column family Test
    with comparator = 'CompositeType(UTF8Type,UTF8Type,UTF8Type)'
    and key_validation_class = 'UTF8Type'
    and default_validation_class = 'UTF8Type';

And I have columns such as:

Jack:Name:First - Jackson
Jack:Name:Last -  Samuel
Jack:Age - 50

Now To delete all columns related to Jack, I need to use as far as I can comprehend

Delete 'Jack:Name:First', 'Jack:Name:Last', 'Jack:Age' from Test where KEY = "friends";

The problem is we do not usually know what meta-data is associated with a user as it may include Timestamp based columns.

such as: Jack:1234567890:Location - Chicago

Can something like -

Delete 'Jack' from Test where KEY = "friends";

be done using the First N components of the CompositeType?

Or should we read first and then delete?

Thank You.