Hey Martin,
 Have you tried CQL query: "SELECT FIRST 0 * FROM cfName" ?
Cheers,
Alex

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 11:00 PM, Martin Arrowsmith <arrowsmith.martin@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Experts,

My program is such that it queries all keys on Cassandra. I want to do this as quick as possible, in order to get as close to real-time as possible.

One solution I heard was to use the sstables2json tool, and read the data in as JSON. I understand that reading from each line in Cassandra might take longer.

Are there any other ideas for doing this ? Or can you confirm that sstables2json is the way to go.

Querying 100 rows in Cassandra the normal way is fast enough. I'd like to query a million rows, do some calculations on them, and spit out the result like it's real time.

Thanks for any help you can give,

Martin