Keep them where?

From: Mohit Anchlia <mohitanchlia@gmail.com>
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Cc: potekhin@bnl.gov
Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2012 3:44 PM
Subject: Re: Please advise -- 750MB object possible?

In my opinion if you are busy site or application keep blobs out of the database.

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 9:37 AM, Dan Retzlaff <dretzlaff@gmail.com> wrote:
Chunking is a good idea, but you'll have to do it yourself. A few of the columns in our application got quite large (maybe ~150MB) and the failure mode was RPC timeout exceptions. Nodes couldn't always move that much data across our data center interconnect in the default 10 seconds. With enough heap and a faster network you could probably get by without chunking, but it's not ideal.