cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Rishabh Agrawal <rishabh.agra...@impetus.co.in>
Subject RE: Doubt regarding CQL
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2012 06:26:56 GMT
FYI .. I am using 1.0.7 version on Ubuntu 11.10
Need help asap

From: Rishabh Agrawal
Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2012 11:49 AM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Doubt regarding CQL

Hello

I have installed CQL drivers for python. When I try execute cqlsh I get following error

cql-1.0.3$ cqlsh localhost 9160
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/cqlsh", line 33, in <module>
    import cql
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/cql/__init__.py", line 22, in <module>
    import connection
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/cql/connection.py", line 18, in < module>
    from cursor import Cursor
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/cql/cursor.py", line 24, in <module>
    from cql.cassandra.ttypes import (
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/cql/cassandra/ttypes.py", line 7, in <module>
    from thrift.Thrift import *
ImportError: No module named thrift.Thrift

Kindly help me with that asap.

Thanks and Regards
Rishabh Agrawal

Impetus' Head of Innovation labs, Vineet Tyagi will be presenting on 'Big Data Big Costs?'
at the Strata Conference, CA (Feb 28 - Mar 1) http://bit.ly/bSMWd7.

Listen to our webcast 'Hybrid Approach to Extend Web Apps to Tablets & Smartphones' available
at http://bit.ly/yQC1oD.

or interference.