cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Blake Starkenburg <bstarkenb...@gmail.com>
Subject Wide Row Performance & Index Question
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2012 18:45:16 GMT
Question pertaining to wide or large rows in Cassandra. I recall reading in
a blog I believe posted by Aaron Morton a notation that Cassandra creates
its own index of a row when it reaches X amount of columns? My curiosity
is:

A.) At what column count does this happen?
B.) If Thrift is only getting slices of a large row (column_start=X,
column_end=Y, limit 20) is their any performance hits to rows over and
above the A.) threshold above?

Finally, I am correct in thinking the cluster may appear slightly
unbalanced depending on the RF and the amount of nodes with a great deal of
large rows?

note: using php_cassa & Cassandra 0.8.10

Thanks!