cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Ellis <jbel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Key cache hit rate issue
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2012 02:12:34 GMT
On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 3:52 PM, Eran Chinthaka Withana
<eran.chinthaka@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the reply. Yes there is a possibility that the keys can be
> distributed in multiple SSTables, but my data access patterns are such that
> I always read/write the whole row. So I expect all the data to be in the
> same SSTable (please correct me if I'm wrong).

If you're doing slice reads, Cassandra has no way of knowing that all
the data is in the most recent sstable, and will have to check the
others too.

> For some reason 16637958 (the keys cached) has become a golden number and I
> don't see key cache increasing beyond that.

16637958 is your configured cache capacity according to the cfstats you pasted.

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra