cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Eric Evans <eev...@acunu.com>
Subject Re: CQL, How to insert Bytes
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2012 16:48:31 GMT
On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 10:33 AM, Montgomery Burns
<montgomeryb@gmail.com> wrote:
> That works - but only for static columns. How do I use this with
> dynamic columns? And how can I specify column-names that are bytes
> (rather than characters) themselves in CQL?

Using blob as the comparator (WITH comparator = blob) will allow you
have all column names as bytes, and likewise, default_validation =
blob will make bytes the default for column values.

If you want to create schema for specific columns that have binary
names, you can not (yet) do that.