cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Sylvain Lebresne <sylv...@datastax.com>
Subject Re: Conflict resolution for counter columns streamed via sstableloader
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2012 18:37:46 GMT
On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 2:46 AM, Omid Aladini <omidaladini@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to stream multiple sets of sstables containing counter
> columns to a cassandra 1.0.7 cluster. Each set is streamed via
> sstableloader separately and concurrently via multiple hosts. What's
> the expected behavior of conflict resolution in following situations:
>
> - A counter appears multiple times (with possibly different values) in
> different sstable sets.
>
> - A counter appears multiple times (with possibly different values) in
> a set of sstables streamed in a single session of sstableloader.
>
> I expected all values to be aggregated, but it appears to be different.

Have the sstables been generated by SSTableUnsortedWriter? If so, then
what should happen is that value created by the same writer should not
be aggregated, but those coming from different writer should
aggregate. I'll have to admit that there is not very many reason why
value from the same writer would not aggregate, it's kind of a bug.
Would you mind opening on ticket on JIRA
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA)?

--
Sylvain