cassandra-user mailing list archives

From shubham srivastava <shubha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra Compaction is Killing
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2012 08:50:42 GMT
did all the same

1.Disabled all row chaches
2.Heap Memory to 8Gb , young Gen reduced to 2Gb
3.in memory compaction to 2

Still the problem persists.

I tried reducing the read_repair_chance from 1 to 0.1 , this helped a bit
so I can run some fairly small write jobs without getting some nodes
hanging, infact I tried this with a test setup on 2 nodes only so may need
to test it across a bigger cluster.

I also ran a write job on a node on which I disabled gossip and without
much hassles It was successful although I can see mutable requests getting
dropped on the other node. The problem with  this is I need to repair the
other node to get the same data on the write node.this should have synched
in quick time.

 In cassandra if I need to write in a single node and when all the writes
are finished on this then get the syncing done with other nodes, is this a
normal scenario etc or how should I do it without  because my guess is the
way solr is writing data to cassandra is a problem , its actually streaming
couple of data together(512 docs at a time) and then dumping it.

Regards,
Shubham