cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Roshan Pradeep <codeva...@gmail.com>
Subject Best suitable value for flush_largest_memtables_at
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2012 03:21:45 GMT
Hi Experts

Under massive write load what would be the best value for Cassandra *
flush_largest_memtables_at* setting? Yesterday I got an OOM exception in
one of our production Cassandra node under heavy write load within 5 minute
duration.

I change the above setting value to .45 and also change the
-XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=45 in cassandra-env.sh file.

Previously the *flush_largest_memtables_at *was .75 and commit logs are
flush to SSTables and the size around 40MB. But with the change (reducing
it to .45) the flushed SStable size is 90MB.

Could someone please explain my configuration change will help under heavy
write load?

Thanks.