cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Bill Au <bill.w...@gmail.com>
Subject 1.0.2 - nodetool ring and info reports wrong load after compact
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2012 14:27:28 GMT
I am running 1.0.2 with the default tiered compaction.  After running a
"nodetool compact", I noticed that on about half of the machines in my
cluster, both "nodetool ring" and "nodetool info" report that the load is
actually higher than before when I expect it to be lower.  It is almost
twice as much as before.  I did a du command on the data directory and
found the the actual disk usage is only about half of what's being reported
by nodetool.  Since I am running 1.0.2, there are no compacted sstables
waiting to be removed.  I manually trigger a full GC in the JVM but that
made no difference.  When I restarted Cassandra, nodetool once again report
the correct load.

Is this a known problem?

Bill