cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Franc Carter <>
Subject reads/s suddenly dropped
Date Sun, 19 Feb 2012 10:23:30 GMT
I've been testing Cassandra - primarily looking at reads/second for our
fairly data model - one unique key with a row of columns that we always
request. I've now setup the cluster with with m1.large (2 cpus 8GB)

I had loaded a months worth of data in and was doing random requests as a
torture test - and getting very nice results. I then loaded another days
worth of day and repeated the tests while the load was running - still good.

I then started loading more days and at some point the performance dropped
by close to an order of magnitude ;-(

Any ideas on what to look for ?

*Franc Carter* | Systems architect | Sirca Ltd
 <> |

Tel: +61 2 9236 9118

Level 9, 80 Clarence St, Sydney NSW 2000

PO Box H58, Australia Square, Sydney NSW 1215

View raw message