cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Talk2hadoop <>
Subject Re: hadoop distcp from brisk cluster to hadoop cluster
Date Sat, 11 Feb 2012 20:45:56 GMT

Is distcp from csf cluster to Hadoop cluster (push) is going to work similar to the example

On Feb 11, 2012, at 5:59 AM, Edward Capriolo <> wrote:

> It mostly works as normal with one caveat.
> In the other direction hadoop may not know how to "talk" to cfs:/// without having to
install extra stuff. So this is where htfp:// comes in...
> Copying between versions of HDFS
> For copying between two different versions of Hadoop, one will usually use HftpFileSystem.
This is a read-only FileSystem, so DistCp must be run on the destination cluster (more specifically,
on TaskTrackers that can write to the destination cluster). Each source is specified as hftp://<dfs.http.address>/<path>
(the default dfs.http.address is <namenode>:50070).
> Also distcp can push or pull data so usually you have a few options.
> On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 2:56 PM, rk vishu <> wrote:
> Could any one tell me how can we copy data from Cassandra-Brisk cluster to Hadoop-HDFS
> 1) Is there a way to do hadoop distcp between clusters?
> 2) If hive table is created on Brisk cluster, will it similar like HDFS file format?
can we run map reduce on the other cluster to transform hive data (on brisk)?
> Thanks and Regards
> RK

View raw message