cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Node down
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2012 20:02:58 GMT
Without knowing too much more information I would try this…

* Restart node each node in turn, watch the logs to see what it says about the other.
* If that restart did not fix it, try using the  Dcassandra.load_ring_state=false JVM option
when starting the node. That will tell it to ignore it's stored ring view and use what gossip
is telling it. Add it as a new line at the bottom of cassandra-env.sh.

If it's still failing watch the logs and see what it says when it marks the other as been
down.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer