cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <>
Subject Re: Querying all keys in a column family
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2012 09:00:07 GMT
If you want to process 1 million rows use Hadoop with Hive or Pig. If you use Hadoop you are
not doing things in real time.

You may need to rephrase the problem.

Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer

On 14/02/2012, at 11:00 AM, Martin Arrowsmith wrote:

> Hi Experts,
> My program is such that it queries all keys on Cassandra. I want to do this as quick
as possible, in order to get as close to real-time as possible.
> One solution I heard was to use the sstables2json tool, and read the data in as JSON.
I understand that reading from each line in Cassandra might take longer.
> Are there any other ideas for doing this ? Or can you confirm that sstables2json is the
way to go.
> Querying 100 rows in Cassandra the normal way is fast enough. I'd like to query a million
rows, do some calculations on them, and spit out the result like it's real time.
> Thanks for any help you can give,
> Martin

View raw message