cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Nikolay Kоvshov <nkovs...@yandex.ru>
Subject Re: How to bring cluster to consistency
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2012 13:35:55 GMT
Sorry if this is a 4th copy of letter, but cassandra.apache.org constantly tells me that my
message looks like spam...

> 2/ both of your nodes seem to be using the same token? The output indicates that 100%
of your key range is assigned to 10.111.1.141 (and therefore 10.111.1.142 holds replicas
only)

Well, I didn't assign anything. I just filled nodes with data, that's Cassandra itself who
assigned that. I am trying to perform nodetool move now. Still I didn't understand from wiki
what that means (keys assigned to servers). When both servers are up I can write to 1 and
read from 2, or I can write to 2 and read from 1 and all works perfect.

> 3/ maybe repair is being affected by above, but in my experience it can be sensitive

I believe it is affected by data size. At least some estimation about how much time and memory
it could take would be of use.

13.02.2012, 17:19, "Dominic Williams" <dwilliams@fightmymonster.com>:
> Hi Nikolay,Some points that may be useful:
> 1/ auto_bootstrap = true is used for telling a new node to join the ring (the cluster).
It has nothing to do with hinted handoff
> 2/ both of your nodes seem to be using the same token? The output indicates that 100%
of your key range is assigned to 10.111.1.141 (and therefore 10.111.1.142 holds replicas
only)
> 3/ maybe repair is being affected by above, but in my experience it can be sensitive
>
> On 13 February 2012 13:06, Nikolay Kоvshov <nkovshov@yandex.ru> wrote:
>> Hello everybody
>>
>> I have a very simple cluster containing 2 servers. Replication_factor = 2, Consistency_level
of reads and writes = 1

>> 10.111.1.141    datacenter1 rack1       Up     Normal  1.5 TB
 100.00% vjpigMzv4KkX3x7z
>> 10.111.1.142    datacenter1 rack1       Up     Normal  1.41 TB
0.00%   聶jpigMzv4KkX3x7z

>> Note the size please.
>>
>> Say, server1 cassandra dies and I restart it later. Hinted_handoff = enabled, auto_bootstrap
= true

>> During that time server2 received reads and writes. I want changes to be copied to
server1 when it joins the cluster. As I have replication_factor 2, I suppose each data piece
should be stored on both servers. Auto_bootstrapping doesn't seem to work that way - changed
data doesn't migrate.