cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Max TTL?
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2012 20:20:33 GMT
Nothing obvious.

Trying turning up the logging to DEBUG and watch what happens, or use sstable2json to dump
the sstables. Expired columns are not purged until the sstable is compacted.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 21/02/2012, at 5:09 AM, Erik Forsberg wrote:

> Hi!
>
> When setting ttl on columns, is there a maximum value (other than MAXINT, 2**31-1) that
can be used?

> I have a very odd behaviour here, where I try to set ttl to  9 622 973 (~111 days) which
works, but setting it to 11 824 305 (~137 days) does not - it seems columns are deleted instantly
at insertion.

> This is using the BulkOutputFormat. And it could be a problem with our code, i.e. the
code using BulkOutputFormat. So, uhm, just asking to see if we're hitting something obvious.