cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Watanabe Maki <watanabe.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Newbie Question: Cassandra consuming 100% CPU on ubuntu server
Date Sat, 18 Feb 2012 12:49:57 GMT
I haven't use the packaged kit, but Cassandra uses half of physical memory on your system by
default.
You need to edit cassandra-env.sh to decrease heap size.
Update MAX_HEAP_SIZE and NEW_HEAP_SIZE and restart.

From iPhone

On 2012/02/18, at 20:40, Aditya Gupta <adynnn@gmail.com> wrote:

> I just installed Cassandra on my ubuntu server by adding the following to the sources
list:

> deb http://www.apache.org/dist/cassandra/debian 10x main
> deb-src http://www.apache.org/dist/cassandra/debian 10x main
>

> Soon after install I started getting OOM errors & then the server became unresponsive.
I added more RAM to the server but found that cassandra was consuming 100% CPU & 1GB RAM
as soon the server was being started. Why is this happening & how can get it to normal
conditions ?