cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Nikolay Kоvshov <>
Subject How to bring cluster to consistency
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2012 13:06:45 GMT
Hello everybody

I have a very simple cluster containing 2 servers. Replication_factor = 2, Consistency_level
of reads and writes = 1    datacenter1 rack1       Up     Normal  1.5 TB          100.00% vjpigMzv4KkX3x7z    datacenter1 rack1       Up     Normal  1.41 TB         0.00%   聶jpigMzv4KkX3x7z

Note the size please.

Say, server1 cassandra dies and I restart it later. Hinted_handoff = enabled, auto_bootstrap
= true

During that time server2 received reads and writes. I want changes to be copied to server1
when it joins the cluster. As I have replication_factor 2, I suppose each data piece should
be stored on both servers. Auto_bootstrapping doesn't seem to work that way - changed data
doesn't migrate.

I run nodetool repair and it is always killed by OOM. What else can I do to bring cluster
to consistency?

Thank you in advance

View raw message