cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <>
Subject Re: How to reduce the memory consumed by cassandra (so as to prevent crashes & OOMs) ?
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2012 21:01:41 GMT

That is a very small amount of memory for java, you are probably going to have problems. Take
a look at reducing these settings in cassandra.yaml to reduce the amount of memory used.

You may also find this useful

Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer

On 28/02/2012, at 6:50 AM, Aditya Gupta wrote:

> I'm running a 4 nodes cassandra cluster of VMware ubuntu instances each 768MB memory
(on a single machine for development purposes). I need to reduce heap size appropriately as
 my nodes have been crashing at times with OOMs. How do I configure for this ? I think I would
need to make some tweaks with MAX_HEAP_SIZE & HEAP_NEWSIZE in !? but
I not sure what should be the correct values I should put here for my case.
> What would have been the values for these parameters in case I had just 512mb for each

View raw message