cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: sstable image/pic ?
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2012 08:18:58 GMT
On disk layout is described here, not sure how correct it is now days.
http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/ArchitectureSSTable

There are multiple files involved, this will give you an idea of the read  and write path
http://thelastpickle.com/2011/04/28/Forces-of-Write-and-Read/

Hope that helps.

Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 28/02/2012, at 8:07 PM, Franc Carter wrote:

> Hi,
>
> does anyone know of a picture/image that shows the layout of keys/columns/values in an
sstable - I haven't been able to find one and am having a hard time visualising the layout
from various descriptions and various overviews