cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Paul Brown <paulrbr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Anybody using Cassandra/DataStax Distribution with Java Service Wrapper?
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2012 00:10:16 GMT

IMHO, Tanuki and the like are fabulous in a Windows environment (e.g., to install something
as a "Service"), but on a *nix, you're better off to just come up with your own variant of
the standard shell script and hook it into the OS lifecycle in the usual way.

On Feb 15, 2012, at 4:05 PM, Drew Kutcharian wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I noticed that the DataStax's distribution of Cassandra uses Jsvc. There's also Tanuki
Java Service Wrapper (http://wrapper.tanukisoftware.com/doc/english/download.jsp) that does
a lot more than simply launching a Java process, for example it monitors the JVM and even
restarts failed/hung JVMs. Is anyone using it with Cassandra?

> The license for Java Service Wrapper is GPLv2, so it's not really compatible with Apache
License, but it would be even nicer to have an option of using it instead of Jsvc in the distribution.