Hello

I try to log thrift log message (this need to us for solve communicate problem between Cassandra daemon and php client ), so in log4j-server.properties i write follow lines:

log4j.logger.org.apache.thrift.transport=DEBUG,THRIFT

log4j.appender.THRIFT=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.THRIFT.maxFileSize=20MB
log4j.appender.THRIFT.maxBackupIndex=50
log4j.appender.THRIFT.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.THRIFT.layout.ConversionPattern=%5p [%t] %d{ISO8601} %F (line %L) %m%n
log4j.appender.THRIFT.File=/var/log/cassandra/8.0/thrift.log

But no any messages in log in this case(but thay must be, i.e. Exception trace), if we enable DEBUG in rootLogger ie:

log4j.rootLogger=DEBUG,stdout,R

Thrift log messages appear in sytem.log as expected, but how can we separate them to separate log?

PS: cassandra 0.8.9