cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Alain RODRIGUEZ <arodr...@gmail.com>
Subject Hadoop + Cassandra
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2012 10:35:23 GMT
Hello.

I have a 4 nodes cluster running Cassandra (without Datastax Brisk) in
production.

Now I want to add hadoop (and maybe Pig / Hive ?) to be able to perform
some analytics.
I don't know how to get started ? Is there a tutorial explaining how to
install, configure and use hadoop andadvantages using it as a cassandra
overlay or on separated nodes
http://www.slideshare.net/jeromatron/cassandrahadoop-4399672 ?

I am already able to read a lot of statistics in real time thanks to
Cassandra only and to the way I model my CFs but I also have a lot of raw
data I would like to use them in order to get more statistics.

I'll be glad to learn about any interesting things you learnt with your own
experiences with hadoop + Cassandra.

Thanks in advance.