cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Gustavo Gustavo <dotnetdev.java...@gmail.com>
Subject CF Comparator type and get_slice
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2012 04:19:39 GMT
I suppose that a CF Comparator type is used to sort the columns based on
its type, right?
So, let's suppose I have two columns: 1, 3. If I insert column 2 I will end
up with 1, 2, 3, ok?

I'm using the default BytesType as the Comparator type to store time series
columns (actually the value is a C# DateTime.Ticks value - a long int). The
columns aren't inserted in order. But, later, when I use get_slice with
something like:

            slice.Slice_range.Start
= BitConverter.GetBytes(dateFrom.Value.Ticks);
            slice.Slice_range.Finish
= BitConverter.GetBytes(dateTo.Value.Ticks);

where dateFrom and dateTo are supplied by the user and may not (most
likely) correspond to an existing column name. I'm getting some
really weird results, from dates that are even outside the range supplied.
Any hint about this?

/Gustavo