cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Migration from 0.7 to 1.0
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2012 21:00:49 GMT
Sounds good.

You can take some extra steps when doing a rolling restart see http://blog.milford.io/2011/11/rolling-upgrades-for-cassandra/

Also make sure repair *does not* run until all the nodes have been upgraded.

> Do i miss something (I will backup everything before the
> upgrade)?
I'm paranoid, so I would  upgrade 1 node and let it soak in for a few hours. Nothing like
upgrading an entire cluster and then discovering a problem.

> As far as
> maintenance is concerned, is enough to run a repair every x? (x <
> GCGraceSeconds)
once for each node with in that time frame http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/Operations#Frequency_of_nodetool_repair

Cheers

Aaron Morton