cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Migration from 0.7 to 1.0
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2012 11:29:18 GMT
> Ok but as far as my application is concerned is safe to keep a cluster with part of 1.0
and part of 0.7?
I *think* it should be so long as it's a short time and you do not run any repairs.

If 1.0 creates any new files, via mutations or compaction, they will not be readable by 0.7.
So the rollback to 0.7 will require going back to the snapshot.

> I've read that they can communicate but will it bring to "strange" situations? Will my
application continue working (java/pelops)?
Again I think so (framed transport is there). But this should be an easy test to do against
a dev server.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 5/01/2012, at 9:33 PM, cbertu81@libero.it wrote:

> Aaron first of all thanks for your great support.
>
> 	I'm paranoid, so I would  upgrade 1 node and let it soak in for a few hours. Nothing
like upgrading an entire cluster and then discovering a 	problem.