cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Chris Gerken <chrisger...@mindspring.com>
Subject Re: Integration Error between Cassandra and Eclipse
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2012 22:00:18 GMT
I wouldn't worry about the warnings.  Eclipse Java support defaults to fairly restrictive warning
settings.  You can go into the preferences for Java->Compiler and change the 'warning'
settings to 'ignore' for any of those problems that you don't or shouldn't really care about.

As for the error, is that a Test class or part of the main source body?

Chris Gerken

On Jan 5, 2012, at 11:04 AM, bobby saputra wrote:

> Hi There,
>
> I am a beginner user in Cassandra. I hear from many people said Cassandra is a powerful
database software which is used by Facebook, Twitter, Digg, etc.
> So I feel interesting to study more about Cassandra.
>
> When I performed integration process between Cassandra with Eclipse IDE (in this case
I use Java as computer language), I get trouble and have many problem.
> I have already followed all instruction from http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/RunningCassandraInEclipse,
but this tutorial was not working properly. I got a lot of errors and warnings while creating
Java project in eclipse.

> These are the errors and warnings:
>
> Error(X) (1 item):
> Description												Resource 			Location
> The method rangeSet(Range<T>...) in the type Range is not applicable for the arguments
(Range[])	RangeTest.java			line 178

> Warnings(!) (100 of 2916 items):
> Description												Resource			Location
> AbstractType is a raw type. References to generic type AbstractType<T> should be
parameterized		AbstractColumnContainer.java	line 72
> (and many same warnings)
>
> These are what i've done:
> 1. I checked out cassandra-trunk from given link using SlikSvn as svn client.
> 2. I moved to cassandra-trunk folder, and build with ant using "ant build" command.
> 3. I generate eclipse files with ant using "ant generate-eclipse-files" command.
> 4. I create new java project on eclipse, insert project name with "cassandra-trunk",
browse the location into cassandra-trunk folder.