cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: CF Comparator type and get_slice
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2012 08:08:15 GMT
What are the column names you are getting back and the the byte values you are using in the
start and from.

My guess is it's a serialization thing, try using an IntegerType in cassandra and have your
client serialise the ticks long for you. If that works then work back to see whats going on.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 25/01/2012, at 5:19 PM, Gustavo Gustavo wrote:

> I suppose that a CF Comparator type is used to sort the columns based on its type, right?
> So, let's suppose I have two columns: 1, 3. If I insert column 2 I will end up with 1,
2, 3, ok?

> I'm using the default BytesType as the Comparator type to store time series columns (actually
the value is a C# DateTime.Ticks value - a long int). The columns aren't inserted in order.
But, later, when I use get_slice with something like:

>             slice.Slice_range.Start = BitConverter.GetBytes(dateFrom.Value.Ticks);
>             slice.Slice_range.Finish = BitConverter.GetBytes(dateTo.Value.Ticks);
>
> where dateFrom and dateTo are supplied by the user and may not (most likely) correspond
to an existing column name. I'm getting some really weird results, from dates that are even
outside the range supplied. Any hint about this?