cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Maxim Potekhin <potek...@bnl.gov>
Subject Problematic deletes in 0.8.8
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2012 14:22:45 GMT
Hello,

after I thought I was out of the woods with data deletion in 0.8.8, I
unfortunately
see "undead" data and other strange behavior. Let me clarify:

a) I do run repair and compaction well within GC_GRACE
b) deletes happen daily
c) after a few repairs, when I run an indexed query on the data that I
tried to delete,
it takes a while, even when the result is 0 rows. This I don't quite
understand -- I thought that the index itself should
be void of keys that were deleted. What takes so long?
d) finally, even when doing repairs after deletes, I do see the data
that is not supposed to
be there.

ideas?

Maxim