cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Rustam Aliyev <rus...@code.az>
Subject Re: Deploying Cassandra 1.0.7 on EC2 in minutes
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2012 17:58:35 GMT
Hi Andrei,

As you know, we are using Whirr for ElasticInbox
(https://github.com/elasticinbox/whirr-elasticinbox). While testing we
encountered a few minor problems which I think could be improved. Note
that we were using 0.6 (there were some strange bug in 0.7, maybe fixed
already).

Although initial_token is pre-calculated to form balanced cluster, our
tests cluster (4 nodes) was always unbalanced. There were no
initial_token specified (just default).

Second note is AWS specific - for the performance reasons it's better to
store data files on ephemeral drive. Currently data stored under default
location (/var/...)

Thanks for the great work!

--
Rustam.