cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: JMX BulkLoad weirdness
Date Sun, 15 Jan 2012 18:07:37 GMT
If you are doing a straight one-to-one copy from one cluster to another try…

1) nodetool snapshot on each prod node for the system and application key spaces.
2) rsync system and app key space snapshots
3) update the yaml files on the new cluster to have the correct initial_tokens. This is not
necessary as they are stored in the system KS, but it is limits surprises later.
4) Start the new cluster.

For bulk load you will want to use the sstableloader http://www.datastax.com/dev/blog/bulk-loading

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 14/01/2012, at 3:32 AM, Scott Fines wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to copy a column family from our production cluster to our development one
for testing purposes, so I thought I would try the bulkload API. Since I'm lazy, I'm using
the Cassandra bulkLoad JMX call from one of the development machines. Here are the steps I
followed: