cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jeremy Hanna <jeremy.hanna1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Installing C* on EC2
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2012 18:14:59 GMT

On Jan 12, 2012, at 6:36 PM, Mohit Anchlia wrote:

> What's the best way to install C*? Any good links?

http://www.slideshare.net/mattdennis/cassandra-on-ec2 has some interesting points that aren't
immediately obvious - it's mdennis in the cassandra irc channel if you had any questions about
the slides.  One thing that bit us using the property file snitch was that striping across
availability zones as racks - you need to round robin AZs (or racks) in token order or you
wind up with data hotspots because of how the network topology strategy works when choosing
the location of replicas.