cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Roshan <codeva...@gmail.com>
Subject SSTable compaction issue in our system
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2012 23:46:20 GMT
Hi

We have deployed two node Cassandra 1.0.6 cluster to production and it
create SSTables on daily with different sizes. As I know, Cassandra will
compact 4 (as default compaction threshold) same size files identified by
compaction task. But every time in my system it identify 50MB 4 files and
compact it to some size (e.g. 200MB) SSTable by removing tombstones. But
next time it will compact 50MB 4 size file to another size (e.g. 100MB). If
the compact task create such different size files after removing tombstones,
some different size files are remain in system and not identified by
compaction task.

I think major compaction using nodetool is not recommend for Cassandra 1.0.X
versions. So could you pelase advice me how to combine different size
SSTables together. Thanks.