cassandra-user mailing list archives

From vaibha...@geodesiconline.com
Subject CQL 'Where' clause ignores secondary index filter
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2012 11:18:22 GMT

Hi,

I've defined a  column family 'Vaibhav' in which every row has few columns and its values.
I've declared two column as secondary index so that I can filter the rows on the basis of
those column values.

Now whenever I execute a CQL with either only rowkey or column name in 'WHERE' clause, it
gives me the proper result. But when I use both rowkey and column name filter in 'WHERE' clause
it ignores the column filter and gives the result matching with the rowkey.

Sample Records from column family 'Vaibhav':
===================================

RowKey: 1111

=> (column=Bare_JID, value=mithun@geo.com, timestamp=1326436553009)
=> (column=Domain, value=geo.com, timestamp=1326436553014)
=> (column=Full_JID, value=mithun@geo.com/android, timestamp=1326436552979)
-------------------
RowKey: 2222
=> (column=Bare_JID, value=venkat@geo.com, timestamp=1326436611316)
=> (column=Domain, value=geo.com, timestamp=1326436611318)
=> (column=Full_JID, value=venkat@geo.com/android, timestamp=1326436611310)
-------------------
RowKey: 3333
=> (column=Bare_JID, value=kondiram@geo.com, timestamp=1326436643841)
=> (column=Domain, value=geo.com, timestamp=1326436643842)
=> (column=Full_JID, value=kondiram@geo.com/android, timestamp=1326436643835)

Here both 'Bare_JID' and 'Domain' have secondary Index.

CQL : SELECT * from Vaibhav where KEY = '1111' AND Bare_JID='venkat@geo.com'

is returning the first row, but ideally it should return no records as both the condition
are not satisfied.

Kindly help me to resolve this issue.

Regards,
Vaibhav S.