I've just found, that JNA will be not used from 1.1 release - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-3271
I would be also nice to know what was the reason for this decision.

Regards,
Maciej

On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 1:34 PM, Viktor Jevdokimov <Viktor.Jevdokimov@adform.com> wrote:
Up, also interested in answers to questions below.

Best regards/ Pagarbiai

Viktor Jevdokimov
Senior Developer

Email: Viktor.Jevdokimov@adform.com
Phone: +370 5 212 3063
Fax: +370 5 261 0453

J. Jasinskio 16C,
LT-01112 Vilnius,
Lithuania

Disclaimer: The information contained in this message and attachments is intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee and may be confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you are reminded that the information remains the property of the sender. You must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this e-mail. If you have received this message in error, please contact the sender immediately and irrevocably delete this message and any copies.-----Original Message-----
From: Maciej Miklas [mailto:mac.miklas@googlemail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 01, 2011 11:15
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Cassandra 1.x and proper JNA setup

Hi all,

is there any documentation about proper JNA configuration?

I do not understand few things:

1) Does JNA use JVM heap settings?

2) Do I need to decrease max heap size while using JNA?

3) How do I limit RAM allocated by JNA?

4) Where can I see / monitor row cache size?

5) I've configured JNA just for test on my dev computer and so far I've noticed serious performance issues (high cpu usage on heavy write load), so I must be doing something wrong.... I've just copied JNA jars into Cassandra/lib, without installing any native libs. This should not work at all, right?

Thanks,
Maciej