cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Rene Kochen <Rene.Koc...@emea.schange.com>
Subject Question about minor compaction
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2011 14:28:27 GMT
Assume the following default settings: min_compaction_threshold = 4, max_compaction_threshold
= 32.

When I start a bulk insert in Cassandra, I see minor compactions work: all similar sized files
are compacted when there are four of them. However, when files gets larger, Cassandra waits
with minor compactions. For example: four files are compacted to a 1GB file. There were already
3 other 1GB files. However, Cassandra does not immediately compact the four 1GB files. What
makes Cassandra decide to wait with this minor compaction?

Thank!