cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Peter Schuller <peter.schul...@infidyne.com>
Subject Re: Local quorum reads
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2011 23:04:06 GMT
> Keyspace: NetworkTopologyStrategy, 1DC, RF=2
>
> 1 node goes down and we cannot read from the ring.
>
> My expectation is that LOCAL_QUORUM dictates that it will return a record once a majority
(N/2 +1) of replicas reports back.

Yes, the RF and the number of hosts that are up within the replica set
of the row in question is what matters.

> 2/2 + 1 = 2
>
> I originally thought N=3 for 3 nodes but someone has corrected me on this that it's the
replicas (2) but when I use the cli, setConsistencyLevel AS LOCAL_QUORUM nothing comes back.
Set it back to ONE I can see the data

> Is there somethin I'm missing?

I don't know, but I am guessing this is just a poor UI issue. The CLI
is probably getting an Unavailable exception and just giving you
nothing instead of reporting a problem, but that is speculation on my
part.

--
/ Peter Schuller (@scode, http://worldmodscode.wordpress.com)