cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Dotan N." <>
Subject Re: building a new email-like inbox service with cassandra
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2011 15:33:15 GMT
I'm sorry if I misrepresented the domain. it is not inbox search, but
implementation of inbox. that is: write messages for users, get messages
for a user, get unread messages for a user, mark messages as read for a
basically this is it.
although (and due to) the use cases are simple we're aiming at cassandra
due to the large amount of users we expect.

Dotan, @jondot <>

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 5:26 PM, Edward Capriolo <>wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 9:17 AM, Dotan N. <> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> New to cassandra, i'm about to embrak on building a scalable user inbox
>> service on top of cassandra.
>> I've done the preliminary googling and got some more info on bluerunner
>> (IBM's project on the subject),
>> and now looking for more information in this specific topic.
>> If anyone can point me to researches/articles that would nudge me in the
>> right direction i'd be tremendously thankful!
>> Thanks!
>> --
>> Dotan, @jondot <>
> Why would you want to do inbox search with cassandra? (Just Kidding after
> all that was it's first use case at Facebook). I would say your best best
> is to research solandra or those doing full text search in Cassandra.

View raw message