cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Sylvain Lebresne <>
Subject [RELEASE] Apache Cassandra 1.0.2 released
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2011 21:33:13 GMT
The Cassandra team is pleased to announce the release of Apache Cassandra
version 1.0.2.

Cassandra is a highly scalable second-generation distributed database,
bringing together Dynamo's fully distributed design and Bigtable's
ColumnFamily-based data model. You can read more here:

Downloads of source and binary distributions are listed in our download

This version is maintenance/bug fix release[1]. It comes quickly after the
release of 1.0.1 mainly because if fixes a bug that is making compression
unusable for some, and we preferred delivering the fix quickly. It contains a
few other fixes as well and upgrade is encouraged. As always, please pay
attention to the release notes[2] and Let us know[3] if you were
to encounter any problem.

Have fun!

[1]: (CHANGES.txt)
[2]: (NEWS.txt)