cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Caleb Rackliffe <>
Subject Causes of a High Memtable Live Ratio
Date Sat, 19 Nov 2011 23:10:21 GMT
Hi All,

>From what I've read in the source, a Memtable's "live ratio" is the ratio of Memtable
usage to the current write throughput.  If this is too high, I imagine the system could be
in a possibly unsafe state, as the comment in indicates.

Today, while bulk loading some data, I got the following message:

WARN [pool-1-thread-1] 2011-11-18 21:08:57,331 (line 172) setting live ratio
to maximum of 64 instead of 78.87903667214012

Should I be worried?  If so, does anybody have any suggestions for how to address it?

Thanks :)

Caleb Rackliffe | Software Developer
M 949.981.0159 |

View raw message