cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Konstantin Naryshkin <konstant...@a-bb.net>
Subject Re: questions on frequency and timing of async replication between DCs
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2011 14:39:54 GMT
It may be the case that your CL is the issue. You are writing it at
ONE, which means that out of the 4 replicas of that key (two in each
data center), you are only putting it on one of them. When you read at
CL ONE, if only looks at a single replica to see if the data is there.
In other words. If your read and your write do not select the same
node to look at, there is no guarantee that any successfully written
data is going to be there. The rule is, in order to be able to access
data properly, CL.READ + CL.WRITE > RF. Your RF is 4 while your CL are
both 1.