cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Alain RODRIGUEZ <arodr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Counters and replication factor
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2011 16:57:25 GMT
I retried it after restarting all the servers.

I still have wrong results (I simulated an event 5 times and it was counted
3 times by some counters 4 or 5 times by others.

What I meant by "but now every request returns me always the same count
value..." will be easier to explain with an example :

event 1:

counter1.increment
counter2.increment
counter3.increment

.
.
.

event 5:

counter1.increment
counter2.increment
counter3.increment

Show results :

counter1.getValue = returns 4
counter2.getValue = returns 3
counter3.getValue = returns 5

counter1.getValue = returns 5
counter2.getValue = returns 3
counter3.getValue = returns 5

counter1.getValue = returns 4
counter2.getValue = returns 4
counter3.getValue = returns 5

So I've got wrong values, and not always the same ones. In my previous
email I tried to tell you by saying "but now every request returns me
always the same count value..." that I had all the time the same wrong
values, let us say :

counter1.getValue = returns 4
counter2.getValue = returns 3
counter3.getValue = returns 5

counter1.getValue = returns 4
counter2.getValue = returns 3
counter3.getValue = returns 5

counter1.getValue = returns 4
counter2.getValue = returns 3
counter3.getValue = returns 5

But that is not true, I still have some "random" wrong values, maybe
haven't I query to get counter values often enough to see it last time.

Sorry of not being clearer, that is not easy to explain, neither to
understand for me.

Thanks for help.

Alain