cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jacob Schneider <>
Subject Java Heap Exc.; Memtable; Right config?
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2011 15:59:57 GMT

i have a question and need help...

I am using cassandra 1.* (3GB ram;4Cors) with 1 node (at first). I am saving different sizes
(0.01mb – 600mb) of files and indexes in the db and i want to know whats the best size of
a value in a column. If the optimal size is smaller then the filesize, i just split it in
more columns.

I writed a test to find this size, but i am getting java heap excp. all the time, if i am
writing/reading to much values in a row (without pause).

How i can fix this problem? i allready read (
and also the cassandra – FAQ

And i know there is no streaming L

Would help to decrese the flashsize of the memtable? (whould slow the reading right?)

Thanks for help or links:D

View raw message