cassandra-user mailing list archives

From <mike...@thomsonreuters.com>
Subject RE: BulkLoader
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2011 21:20:59 GMT
Hello Giannis,

Can you share a little bit on how to use the bulk loader ?  We're considering use  bulk loader
for a  user case.

Thanks,
Mike

From: Giannis Neokleous [mailto:giannis@generalsentiment.com]
Sent: Monday, November 14, 2011 2:50 PM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: BulkLoader

Hello everyone,

We're using the bulk loader to load data every day to Cassandra. The machines that use the
bulkloader are diferent every day so their IP addresses change. When I do "describe cluster"
i see all the unreachable nodes that keep piling up for the past few days. Is there a way
to remove those IP addresses without terminating the whole cluster at the same time and restarting
it?

The unreachable nodes cause issues when we want to make schema changes to all the nodes or
when we want to truncate a CF.

Any suggestions?

-Giannis

This email was sent to you by Thomson Reuters, the global news and information company. Any
views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender
specifically states them to be the views of Thomson Reuters.