cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jeremy Hanna <jeremy.hanna1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: secondary indexes streaming building - when there are none
Date Sun, 13 Nov 2011 19:10:45 GMT

On Nov 12, 2011, at 9:52 AM, Jeremy Hanna wrote:

> It sounds like that's just a message in compactionstats that's a no-op.  This is reporting
for about an hour that it's building a secondary index on a specific column family.  Not sure
if that's the same thing.  I see in the data directory definitely new files written with the
old index names we had 3 months ago.  For example:
> 23760494 Nov 12 15:45 account_snapshot.idx_time_bucket-g-91-Data.db
>
> On Nov 12, 2011, at 9:31 AM, Nate McCall wrote:
>
>> Sounds like it could be
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-3123 ? (which was
>> fixed in 0.8.5).
>>
>> On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 9:10 PM, Jeremy Hanna
>> <jeremy.hanna1234@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> We're using 0.8.4 in our cluster and two nodes needed rebuilding.  When building
and streaming data to the nodes, there were multiple instances of building secondary indexes.
 We haven't had secondary indexes in that keyspace since like mid-August.  Is that a bug?