cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jeremiah Jordan <jeremiah.jor...@morningstar.com>
Subject Re: Efficiency of Cross Data Center Replication...?
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2011 02:46:05 GMT
Pretty sure data is sent to the coordinating node in DC2 at the same time it is sent to replicas
in DC1, so I would think 10's of milliseconds after the transport time to DC2.

On Nov 16, 2011, at 3:48 PM, ehershey@gmail.com wrote:

> On a related note - assuming there are available resources across the board (cpu and
memory on every node, low network latency, non-saturated nics/circuits/disks), what's a reasonable
expectation for timing on replication? Sub-second? Less than five seconds?

> Ernie
>
> On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 4:00 PM, Brian Fleming <bigbrianfleming@gmail.com> wrote:
> Great - thanks Jake
>
> B.
>
> On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 8:40 PM, Jake Luciani <jakers@gmail.com> wrote:
> the former
>

> On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 3:33 PM, Brian Fleming <bigbrianfleming@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> I have a question about inter-data centre replication : if you have 2 Data Centers, each
with a local RF of 2 (i.e. total RF of 4) and write to a node in DC1, how efficient is the
replication to DC2 - i.e. is that data :