cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Radim Kolar <...@sendmail.cz>
Subject Re: memory problems still post- CASSANDRA-3492
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2011 09:33:54 GMT
Dne 15.11.2011 22:04, Mick Semb Wever napsal(a):
> But another node (on the same machine but different cluster), even after
> an upgrade to the staging 1.0.3 and a `nodetool scrub`, always soaks all
> available memory (up to and plateau at 30G). In fact no cf there use
> compression anymore.
I had similar problem yesterday with running nodetool scrub on 1.0.3
while i was trying to convert -g- tables to current format.  There is
memory leak in scrub. I do not use compression either.

>   "HintedHandoff  (active)1    (pending)2" and it just seems to stay like that.
>
> Is there a way to more closely monitor that active hinted handoff?
you can count columns in system table holding hints but i got OOM
everytime i tried.

> Can one hinted handoff be responsible for such heap?
no. it is scrub because heap increases after each sstable is processed.