cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Maxim Potekhin <potek...@bnl.gov>
Subject "Error connection to remote JMX agent" during repair
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2011 21:24:47 GMT
Hello,

I'm trying to run "repair" on one of my nodes which needs to be
repopulated after
a failure of the hard drive. What I'm getting is below. Note: I'm not
with Cassandra, it always worked before... The version if 0.8.6.

Any help will be appreciated,

Maxim

Error connection to remote JMX agent!
java.io.IOException: Failed to retrieve RMIServer stub:
javax.naming.CommunicationException [Root exception is
java.rmi.ConnectIOException: error during JRMP connection establishment;
nested exception is:
         java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out]
         at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnector.connect(RMIConnector.java:338)
         at
javax.management.remote.JMXConnectorFactory.connect(JMXConnectorFactory.java:248)
         at org.apache.cassandra.tools.NodeProbe.connect(NodeProbe.java:140)
         at org.apache.cassandra.tools.NodeProbe.<init>(NodeProbe.java:110)
         at org.apache.cassandra.tools.NodeCmd.main(NodeCmd.java:582)
Caused by: javax.naming.CommunicationException [Root exception is
java.rmi.ConnectIOException: error during JRMP connection establishment;
nested exception is:
         java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out]
         at
com.sun.jndi.rmi.registry.RegistryContext.lookup(RegistryContext.java:101)
         at
com.sun.jndi.toolkit.url.GenericURLContext.lookup(GenericURLContext.java:185)
         at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:392)
         at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnector.findRMIServerJNDI(RMIConnector.java:1886)
         at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnector.findRMIServer(RMIConnector.java:1856)
         at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnector.connect(RMIConnector.java:257)
         ... 4 more
Caused by: java.rmi.ConnectIOException: error during JRMP connection
establishment; nested exception is:
         at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.createConnection(TCPChannel.java:286)
         at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.newConnection(TCPChannel.java:184)
         at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.newCall(UnicastRef.java:322)
         at sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl_Stub.lookup(Unknown Source)
         at
com.sun.jndi.rmi.registry.RegistryContext.lookup(RegistryContext.java:97)
         ... 9 more
Caused by: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
         at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:218)
         at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:237)
         at java.io.DataInputStream.readByte(DataInputStream.java:248)
         at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.createConnection(TCPChannel.java:228)